31 December 2017

I'm Guessing Not Crumpets

Just an odd post prompted by personal curiosity. This one is directed at our UK readers (Now the #2 source of views, with Canada fallen to #4 (behind Spain), and Russia (our old #3) dropped down to the bottom of the top 10. Guess it's long past time for that piece on the best classic Sherlock Holmes movies ever made.)

My question:
When you settle in for a cuppa, do you have a nibble with it? If so, what is your preferred nibble?

For myself, these days it tends to be a slice of lemon cake. Lemon pound cake, not that gooey stuff. I've got one cooling from the oven at the moment, and typically bake at least one a week in recent months. This time i got experimental and added in some tart cherries; seems like they should blend well, but might be a bit much. I'll find out soon, with a spot of strong black tea on this cold afternoon. The grapefruit glaze on the last one worked out mighty fine.
I might note that i like the sweet nibble, but like the tea pure - just hot water & tea leaves - to cut through and counterpoint that sweet.

Hmm....
Wonder how cooled that cake is?

Oh. You probably want some images with the text, hm?
Tea and sweets? I think we can manage that. Of course, since we haven't ascertained the tastes of our guests, i suppose one must provide variety...






Eep!
I really should have checked the pantry first.

Time to got put on a pot...


2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I could really have done without the bloke in his pants. (Is that your son?) Love the first one though. I usually have a biscuit of some kind with my cuppa. If I hadn't just had a cup of tea, I'd feel like one again. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that's actually an advert for Bronski Tea. I presume no relation to Bronski Beat.
    The model is named David Lurs. I figured he was probably a sports figure of some sort, i do that with a lot of people i don't recognize since i don't follow any of that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete