03 August 2017

Extraordinary Gents (King Kirby 011)

Okay, you've got a great idea. But what are you going to call it?
Sometimes first thoughts aren't the way to go...



WTF? I don't think you'll see me rushing out to buy that first issue of League Of Death-Cheaters! I'm not sure how to carry something that clunky home all by myself.

Wait -what?
Oh. OH!
Well, that's different then:

 

At least they had a better name by the time they reached the cover.

I'll really enjoyed King Kirby's the-industry-isn't-doing-superheroes?-fine!-i'll-give'em-non-superheroes!-HA! title, Challengers Of The Unknown. But,damn... LeagueOf Death-Cheaters is a bad name, no matter how descriptive of the concept it may be.

League of Death-Cheaters ad from My Greatest Adventure #13 (1957)

No comments:

Post a Comment