18 August 2017

Friday Fun & Games 005 (King Kirby 069)


It's Friday, so it's once again time (in case the title hadn't clued you in already) for -


This week, it's time to test your editorial skills, or something like that. Whatever cheap excuse we need to play Spot The Difference. Below are two images, the first is Jack Kirby's cover for Fantastic Four Annual #3. I've done terrible things to the second image. You know how this game is played, right?
Spot the 27* Differences between the two images:



You're probably going to want to click & enlarge for easier spotting. Join us tomorrow for Saturday Solutions to see the answers if  you haven't found them already.

glorious cover by Jack Kirby and Mike Esposito for Fantastic Four Annual #3 (1965)


===

*(Because 27 is 3 to the 3rd power, of course)

4 comments:

  1. I restored and re-created this cover for the first printing of Marvel Masterworks in the '90s (and it was used elsewhere in various publications), though it's since been replaced by a more 'archival' version (the one you've shown I think). You can read about it in my post 'The Fantastic Four's Annual Event (Expanded Edition)...' if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very cool. I love that you've got the clean inks up for us, too.
    BTW - I don't mind at all if you post links to your articles when referring to them here.
    (and, yes - I was interested)

    I used a clean digital version of the cover rather than my own slightly damaged old version. I really don't remember the source at all right now. My mind still reels at the amount of Kirby i read through that month - and at the fact that the yet-to-read portion of that pile is bigger still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta much. Glad you enjoyed the post. What a thrill it was to see my name on the same credits page as Stan & Jack, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure.
    Oh, i can imagine that thrill. Every stage of my career was marked by adapting a work of which i was already a fan - but Stan & Jack? That's a singular level.

    ReplyDelete