17 May 2020

Sleeper's Dance Sleeping

Hmm...

Seems to be getting light out. Didn't notice - i've been up painting all night. More than ready to crash now, and not really certain when i'll wake again.

So, in case i'm not up in time to decide on a topic and prep the pages for a post, here's what i've been working on. I think it's close to finished, but never know what'll run through my head when i view it fresh after sleeping. 

I started out last evening working on the next Alyce painting with her ascent of the glass beanstalk. I made good progress, getting quite close to painting - but then the ol' brain took off on its own again and this popped out.

It's entitled Sleeper's Dance I -


-and yes, the next two are trying to get out of my head now. 
And, Bonus! I can use these to make promotional posters for the Lullaby Festival they hold to keep the Big Guy sleeping in The Third Colony.

Okay. That taken care of, i feel covered and can sleep without concern for when i wake.

I mean, y'know - as long as i do wake.
I guess...

UPDATE: Nope.
Now that i'm awake and look again, i don't like the background at all. This piece started out with a concept of clean, solid colours on stark black. But along the way i decided to contrast the levels by doing fades that were contained with sharp edges. Don't like it today - and the eyes seem wrong. Isn't he supposed to be sleeping?

So, repainting the background before i move on to the next one.


art by -3- (2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment