18 July 2019

Covers Of The RBCC

A few days ago i made mention that we should run another batch of covers from the Rocket's Blast Comic Collector at some time soon to follow. But, once again, my wicked brain was playing with my perceptions...  we've never run a batch of RBCC covers, merely had a few included in previous posts on the topic.

Well, seems like a good time while i'm sorting through other bits. I thinned out the batch i'd pulled by eliminating duplications of artists. Some did quite a few for the zine; we could do a post of nothing but Don Newton covers (and we just might, but not today).

Presented here we've got 21 covers - just about 15% representation with a mix of established and soon-to-be professionals, semi-pros, and talented fans. They're stacked in chronological order, and we'll label each with the artist's name.


John Fantucchio-

 Robert Kline-

John Adkins Richardson-

Mason-

Juanillo-

Richard Corben-

Gil Kane-

R.C. Harvey-

Don Rosa-

Berni Wrightson-

Bob Susor-

Tom Sutton-

Mike Zeck-

Frank Brunner-

Steve Fabian-

Ralph Fowler

Kerry Gammill-

Wendy Pini-

Marc Hempel-

Lonny Fawcett-

Ron Wilber-

As we've seen and will continue to explore, there were many treasures tucked away behind the covers of the RBCC, like well wrapped presents.

cover art by indicated artists from RBCC #s 55-152 (1967-1982)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Several years ago now my local shop ended up with a cache of these and the cover made me ache for them. But while the prices were more than fair, circumstances made it difficult for me to bring home more than a few, ones dealing with Charlton or other key topics of interest. I look forward to more.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you missed 'em, there have been over a dozen posts from the RBCC already. But, yeah - we'll be digging in deeper. I'm missing most of the first 50 issues, but nearly all of the following 103 are on hand. I think Don Rosa's Pertwillaby Papers is coming up soon. Huge strip that started in his college paper and migrated to the RBCC.

    BTW - I saw a reference indicating Mark Heike did a bit of art for the RBCC back at the end of the '70s, answering my own question. Vague answer, but i'll dig for more specifics.

    ReplyDelete